We are a team of professionals specializing in all areas related to Georgia immigration. We provide complete assistance during the pre-visa application phase and for the actual submissions that are required with the Georgian authorities. Moving to a new country can be challenging and, depending on the reason for the stay, will involve steps that need to be handled accordingly.
Our team is here to answer any questions you may have not only in immigration but also on staying in the country for short periods or for applying for Georgia citizenship once you have spent enough time in the country.
Valeri Bendianishvili is a lawyer with relevant experience, a member of the Georgian Bar Association since 2006, and also a Managing Partner of Business Setup Georgia LLC. He graduated from Tbilisi State University where he specialized in jurisprudence after a master’s degree in this field and has also obtained several important certifications in areas such as Civil Law or Insurance Law.
His experience is relevant both in the context of Civil Law and in that of Business Law where he can assist investors interested in making an important contribution in Georgia, either through opening a business or making a real estate investment that can allow them to obtain Georgia permanent residence. Our lawyer has experience in assisting foreign nationals and is fluent in two foreign languages, English and Russian.
You can get in touch with our team for more information about our experience as well as how our agents and specialized lawyers can help you in your situation.
We provide ongoing assistance to all foreign nationals interested in Georgia immigration, according to their purpose of stay. Visa and residence permit applications are as unique as the individual who submits them, as no two persons arrive in the country under the exact same circumstance. Family reunification cases, in particular, are ones that require attention to proving the relationship between the family members. Nevertheless, all other submissions demand a certain level of attention to the submitted documents to maximize the chances of approval.
When applying for a Georgia work visa, as well as in all other cases, our team will guide you along the way and will help you prepare all of the needed documents.
Below, we list the types of immigration visas available in Georgia:
- D1: for individuals who come to Georgia for work purposes, for representatives of companies who will perform their official duties here;
- D2: for scientists, athletes, freelancers or those involves in cultural or educational activities;
- D3: for persons who arrive in the country for study purposes as well as those who will be involved in research activities;
- D4: for foreign nationals who arrive in Georgia for family reunification purposes;
- D5: for investors who are able to make a minimum investment in real estate (other than agricultural land).
The type D visa is the one issued for immigration purposes. However, several other categories (A, B, C and T) have different purposes. Our team of agents specialized in Georgia permanent residence can also provide information on the short-term or transit visas. You can always reach out to us if you have questions about all of the available visa types.
We specialize in all areas of Immigration Law, including both residence and citizenship. Once a foreign national has been living in the country for a minimum period, he or she is entitled to apply for citizenship through one of the methods described below:
- through naturalization: after ten years of having lawfully lived in the country and after demonstrating sufficient language, history, and law knowledge;
- through marriage: upon marriage with a Georgian citizen who has been living in the country uninterruptedly for five years;
- by exemption: for foreign nationals who have either made an exceptional contribution to the country or when the President grants citizenship to an alien based on state interests;
- by restoration: when the individual has his Georgian citizenship terminated by his parents or unlawfully as well as when he renounced it.
Our agents are able to provide specialized assistance to foreign nationals who wish to apply for Georgia citizenship. Please reach out to us if you have any questions.
Information about Georgia
Situated between Eastern Europe and Western Asia, Georgia is at a crossroads between important markets. This can be interesting for foreign investors and also for those looking to seek employment here. The country has an area of 69,700 square kilometers and a population of 3,723,500 according to the National Statistics Office. Other key facts about the country are:
- the financial sector was the one to receive the highest percentage of foreign direct investment in 2019, 20.6%;
- business statistics reveal that the annual turnover in the fourth quarter of 2019 was of 31.4 billion GEL;
- in 2018, 88,152 immigrants arrived in the country.
Are you interested in Georgia immigration? Contact us for more information on how we can assist you in applying for a visa, a work permit, or a residence permit.