Ukrainian nationals who wish to immigrate to Georgia from Ukraine can enter the country for a period of 1 year without a visa.
Staying in Georgia is possible for a one-year period after presenting a biometric passport at the chosen entry point in the country.
In order to remain in the country for more than 1 year, Ukrainians who wish to relocate to Georgia from Ukraine will need to obtain a long-term residence permit.
Special conditions apply for Ukrainian nationals who move to Georgia from Ukraine in terms of accommodation.
Shelter seekers and those who require immediate assistance after fleeing their country can rely on the services provided by our Georgia immigration team.
Table of Contents
Types of long-term residence permits in Georgia
Ukrainian nationals who wish to immigrate to Georgia from Ukraine need to apply for a long-term residence permit in order to be able to remain in the country after their one-year visa-free period expires.
The following residence permits are available:
- Work: for those who have found employment in Georgia, those who are entrepreneurs or freelancers;
- Study: for Ukrainians who have been admitted to a Georgian educational institution;
- Family reunification: issued to the family member of a Ukrainian national who already has a residence permit in Georgia;
- Investment: for foreigners who are able to make a property investment of at least 100,000 USD (the equivalent in GEL) or an investment in a corporation of at least USD 300,000 (also subject to requirements concerning the company’s annual turnover).
It is useful to take into account the following issues when applying for a residence permit:
- the residence permits for study, work, family reunification, or short-term residence and special stay grant temporary residence for 6 months to 1 year;
- they can be renewed after their expiry date for up to 5 years; this is necessary for those who immigrate to Georgia from Ukraine;
- the Public Service department issues the residence permit within 30 days of having received the complete set of documents;
- within 1 month of receiving the residence permit, the Ukrainian national needs to apply for a residence card; this is an essential step as the residence permit is terminated if no application for the residence card is made within 6 months.
Special conditions apply for refugees and asylum purposes.
If you want to immigrate to Georgia from Ukraine, you can qualify for obtaining protection in Georgia under the humanitarian status, given the fact that return to Ukraine can pose a serious individual threat by reason of armed conflict and the mass violation of human rights.
Immigrate to Georgia from Ukraine with our help
Our team can help you apply for a residence permit before you finish your one-year period of no-visa stay in the country.
Based on your particular situation, we can help you apply for the residence permit that will allow you to move to Georgia from Ukraine for employment purposes, as it is often the case.
An important step for those who immigrate to Georgia from Ukraine is to apply for citizenship once they are able to do so.
Ukrainian nationals who wish to become Georgian citizens should know that dual citizenship is generally not generally permitted. A special application for this purpose needs to be addressed to the Georgian President.
If you require immediate assistance to immigrate to Georgia from Ukraine, our team can help you.
Contact us for more information about our services.
We provide guidance and assistance to all foreign nationals who wish to relocate to Georgia.